Bring your writing and communication skills to this internship with a nonprofit organization that uses radio to uplift rural communities in Africa.
It’s an exciting opportunity to practice your penmanship for a good cause, and to gain a wealth of practical work experience in digital marketing and fundraising.
You’ll be part of Developing Radio Partners, a well-established charity that spreads information on important and relevant issues to communities in Malawi, Zambia, and Burkina Faso. Their overall goal is to offer practical solutions to prevalent problems in communities that are economically, and sometimes politically, fragile. They do this by forming partnerships with local broadcasters, and empowering them to reach as many people as possible with effective messages.
As a communications and content writing intern, you’ll help tell stories from the field; of people whose lives are positively affected by these programs. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved with website management, reporting, and fundraising.
- A chance to greatly develop your writing skills
- Experience in communications strategies
- A comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Practical experience in fundraising, website management, and social media management
|Digital Marketing, Writing, Communications, Fundraising|
Developing Radio Partners believes radio can change minds and lives. Driven by this premis, this nonprofit organisation uses the medium of radio to bring reliable and important information to rural communities in Africa. In partnership with local broadcasters in Zambia, Malawi, and Burkina Faso, Developing Radio Partners help disseminate information on issues such as environment, agriculture, health, and governance. The broadcasts offer ideas and facts that can bring easy-to-implement solutions to everyday challenges, and improve people’s lives in significant ways.
Working in a solution-focused way, the DRP team thoroughly researches the need of communities and its local radio stations, before developing skill-development programs in partnership with local journalists. Through weekly bulletins on relevant and practical topics, and by encouraging engagement through radio listening clubs, the right information reaches people who most need it.
Started in 2004 by one of the founders of National Public Radio in the United States, Developing Radio Partners is a well-established organization that has created tangible impact in many African communities.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
Your tasks during this internship will be somewhat tailored to your skills and experience, but they are likely to include the following;
- Helping develop and manage social media channels
- Writing online content, blogs, and newsletters
- Helping define an overall communications strategy
- Writing funding proposals and impact reports
- Assisting with web development and management
- Possibly helping run digital fundraising campaigns
- Assisting with organizing and attending virtual meetings and fundraising events
- Strong and persuasive writing skills
- Great communication skills
- Some experience in digital marketing and communications would be ideal
- An ability to work quite independently
- A passion for DRP’s mission
- A self-starter attitude
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
This is a remote internship, so you can work from the comfort of your home. There might be the opportunity to work on the ground in 2021, if you’re interested. Please get in touch to discuss details of how this would work.
DATES & RATES
Start and end dates of the internship are flexible and will be discussed during the application process.
What you’ll pay
Placement fee USD 475
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
Personal Development Sessions
|Digital Marketing, Writing, Communications, Fundraising|
- Sharpen your writing skills through a great variety of writing tasks
- Gain practical work experience in report writing, social media management, and web management
- Get a thorough understanding of digital marketing in a nonprofit context
- Contribute to the development of inspiring nonprofit work in developing countries
- Have the flexibility of working remotely
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to email@example.com.
- We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!
Digital Marketing Internship with Animal Rescue Center
Min. 8 weeks
Cape Town, South Africa OR Remote
Website Management, Fundraising, Marketing, Grant Writing, Research
Find yourself rewarded by doing impactful digital marketing, and surrounded by puppies!