Work with roots interns – vacancies
At Roots, we provide internships and academic programs with do-good organisations in Africa, creating meaningful learning experiences and supporting worthwhile causes simultaneously. If you are keen to work with Roots Interns, check out one of our vacancies or internships:
Job Opening: Recruitment Manager (Full time)
We’re looking for a recruitment manager to join our growing team. This person will be the link between students and the NGOs we work with; an important and fun role. You’ll be on the phone for a majority of your working hours, doing interviews with internship applicants who are keen to join one of our partner organizations for a purpose-driven internship abroad. You’ll be doing the matchmaking, making sure that the right people end up in the right place for their internship.
- Do online interviews with internship applicants from around the world
- Make assessments of candidates’ strengths, abilities, and attitude, and put their application forward to relevant NGO partners
- Provide further information for both candidates and host organizations during the recruitment process, if needed
- Great communication skills
- Amazing people skills, and an ability to assess people’s
- A university degree, and an understanding of academic requirements our applicants have
- A passion for impact-driven internship programs
- Ideally some international experience
- A flexible attitude
For more information, or to apply, please email Marleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you will find an overview of the internships with our own organization. Please note that our internships are unpaid internships and you will be based in Cape Town, South Africa. Are you looking to do your internship remotely or need to do thesis research with a focus on marketing, communications, or business development, please just reach out to us.
If you’re keen to apply for one of these internships, please send a motivational letter, 2 writing samples and CV to Talitha van der Waerden at email@example.com.