Join a team of fundraising experts in Cape Town for a GRANT WRITING internship!
If you’re looking to get some practical work experience in fundraising in general, and grant writing in particular, this internship is an excellent opportunity for you. It will allow you to flex your writing muscles, explore the fundraising landscape – both on a South African and international level – and to support some wonderful nonprofit projects in the process.
You’ll join Uniq Foundation, a Cape Town based company that offers fundraising support to local NGOs that are working to fight poverty, boost access to education, and provide skill development. Working with your own non profit clients, you’ll embark on fundraising research projects and you’ll write grant proposals and funding proposals.
The ideal candidate for this research and grant writing internship has a go-getter attitude, a passion for fundraising, and strong writing skills. If it sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
|Cape Town, South Africa|
|Facilitation, Research, Reporting, Monitoring, Education, Tree planting|
Uniq Foundation is a Cape Town based company dedicated to providing fundraising support to nonprofit organizations in South Africa. There is a vast amount of impact-driven organizations that are doing important work on a grassroots level, but financial sustainability is often a problem as the (often overstretched) teams lack the know-how and capacity to attract the right funders. To help these organizations achieve a deeper and more sustainable impact, Uniq Foundation researches funding opportunities, creates professional and effective sponsorship proposals, and writes grants proposals on their behalf. By using their expertise in the fundraising landscape, the Uniq Foundation team creates important links between worthwhile social impact work and donors.
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do
As a grant writing intern, you’ll focus on the following work;
- Doing fundraising research; finding grant and other funding opportunities that specifically suit the nonprofit client you’re working with
- Writing grant applications
- Creating funding proposals
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Great research skills
- Good time management skills
- A passion for nonprofit work
WHERE YOU’LL STAY
You can either join this internship remotely, or join the team in Cape Town, South Africa. If you venture to Cape Town, you’ll have a few different accommodation options. Have a look at the accommodation options in Cape Town and get in touch to find out more.
DATES & RATES
You can start your internship with this organization every week. Please keep in mind this organization is closed for several weeks of summer holiday at the end of the year.
At Roots, we do everything we can to make your internship experience smooth and hassle-free. We offer an all-inclusive service, which means we will help you find the right internship (we believe we are great matchmakers!), help you with visa arrangements, book accommodation for you in Cape Town, give you all the pre-departure information you need before arriving, pick you up from the airport and check in with you while on your work placement to ensure you feel supported.
What you are paying for:
- Careful matchmaking. It takes time to find the right internship for each person, and we take this process very seriously.
- Initial interview with one of our team to gauge your skills, interests, and desired learning outcomes.
- An orientation program with your supervisor.
- Regular check ins during your internship with you and your supervisor.
- Your own account on a career development platform that offers content and courses focused on exploring different career opportunities
- Troubleshooting if needed
- A reference letter at the end of your internship
- (In-person internship) Accommodation based on a dorm room in shared apartment within walking distance of the office
- (In-person internship) Transfer from Cape Town International airport to your accommodation and back on arrival and departure day
- (In-person internship) Assistance with your visa arrangement & other preparations
- (In-person internship) On the ground support during your stay
- (In-person internship) A discount on weekend activities, exclusive to Roots interns
- Flights to Cape Town
- Visa, medical and travel insurance costs for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- Meals, drinks, snacks, and items of personal nature (f.e. curios, gifts, clothing).
- Costs for additional excursions or activities
Personal Development Sessions
Workshop: Exploring the Nonprofit Landscape
|Cape Town, South Africa OR Remote|
|Research, fundraising, grant writing|
|From USD 475|
- Boost your resume with practical experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Contribute to social impact work by assisting nonprofit organizations
- Be a big part of a small team and really see the results of your work
- Live and work in Cape Town (one of the coolest cities in the world!) or enjoy the flexibility of working remotely
How to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for this internship, here’s what to do:
- Fill in the application form (it will show in a new screen) and send your CV to email@example.com.
- We’ll set up a call with you to go through your application.
- If we feel it’s a good match, we’ll set up a call between you and the supervisor for this internship.
- If everyone’s happy, we’ll provisionally confirm your placement! We’ll then send you the invoice for the deposit, get started with a detailed booking form, and we’ll give you all the information you need to prepare for your upcoming adventure.
- Only once we receive payment of the deposit your placement will be confirmed.
Or if you’d just like to ask us some questions about this internship first, just fill in the contact form on the right. We’ll be happy to assist!